"Environmental concerns are an integrated part of the day-to-day operations of Ablon Construction."
- We believe that the environment represents a strategic resource for both current and future generations, and
- That we need to minimize the effect that our activities have on the environment, by applying appropriate, yet cost-affective measures, to foster environmentally sustainable economic development.
- The following principles are embodied in the company's environmental management programmes and practices:
- All activities, from planning to implementation of projects, incorporate the efficient use of resources and aim to minimise environmental impact and waste generation.
- The company strives for the continuous improvement of economic, technical and scientific change.
"People with HIV/AIDS have the right to live their lives with respect and dignity."
- The management of Ablon Construction supports the Bill of Rights and believes that people living with HIV/AIDS have the same rights to work as others as well as the rights to medical treatment and care.
- No applicant applying for employment at our company will be tested for HIV/AIDS.
- No employee can be fired, retrenched or refused employment due to his or her HIV/AIDS status.
- Management also supports the voluntary counselling and testing and will be of assistance to any employee who would like to make use of this support service provided.
Health and Safety Policy
"The management at Ablon Construction consider that there is nothing more important than the promotion of safety at our work sites."
- It is our policy therefore to promote and maintain a safe working environment in order to ensure the health and safety of all our employees.
- We achieve this objective by insisting on high standards of training and the ongoing sharing of the necessary information.
- Employees are familiarised with the procedures and regulations of the Occupational Heath and Safety Act (85 0f 1993).
- Management also commits itself to providing the necessary leadership and support to develop and maintain our Safety Management Programme.
The objectives of this programme are to:
- Promote accident and incident notification and investigation by all employees at all levels.
- Reduce injuries and eliminate hazards that may threaten the well being of all our employees.
- Ensure a healthy and productive working environment.
- Prevent, reduce, eliminate and control any incidents.
Notes on the policies
- That by having various policies in place that we, as a contractor, show our commitment to ensuring a safe working environment for our staff and to the added benefit of those employed in the companies that we work with.
- That our environmental and AIDS policies are an indication of our commitment to a high level of social responsibility.
- That our adherence to these policies gives an indication of how seriously we regard these issues.